Niagara Parks Commission

Niagara Parks Commission is a Crown Corporation of the Government of Ontario. The Niagara Parks Commission was established in 1885 to control the lands and buildings immediately surrounding the Canadian Horseshoe Falls. The area, which is now known as Queen Victoria Park, encompassed just 62.2 hectares (154 acres).

The Clifton Hill district connects to the Niagara Parkway which is the main roadway that travels between the Niagara Parks Commission parkland. Over the years, Niagara Parks has grown to own and maintain over 1325 hectares (3274 acres) of parkland along the entire length of the Niagara River, stretching 56 km (36 miles) from Fort Erie in the south to Niagara-on-the-Lake in the north.

Most people know Niagara Parks Commission for it’s amazing attractions, horticultural and heritage focus.

ATTRACTIONS

  • Butterfly Conservatory
  • Hornblower Niagara Cruises
  • Journey Behind the Falls
  • Table Rock Welcome Centre
  • Whirlpool Aero Car
  • White Water Walk
  • Wildplay Zip Line & Adventure Courses

GARDENS

  • Botanical Gardens
  • Floral Clock
  • Floral Showhouse
  • Queenston Heights
  • Oaks Garden Theatre
  • Queen Victoria Park

NATURE

  • Niagara Glen Nature Centre
  • Niagara Glen
  • Nature Activities
  • Nature Areas

HERITAGE

  • Old Fort Erie
  • Laura Secord Homestead
  • McFarland House
  • Mackenzie Printery
  • Brock’s Monument
  • Battle of Chippawa

GOLF

  • Whirlpool Golf Course
  • Legends on the Niagara